So today, I went to Politics class. And then I went back to Castroni and found Dr. Pepper. Yes! Dr. Pepper. Not that I don't totally adore the Fanta Italiana. But sometimes you need the DP. Yes you do. Anyway, went back to class and quickly made myself look cute for the wine tasting that we had tonight and packed lunch for art class and the left to go meet Paulina at La Boca della Verita. Not that we drew it. We didn't. And Kris totally got groped by a SKEEZY guy on the bus. Flat-out groped. At this moment, I genuinely despise Italian Men. I wish bad things upon every single one of them. Awful things. I glared death-glares at him and then lunged for the next open seat. I genuinely regret the lack of the use of profanity and slapping. I missed out on a genuine Drama Queen moment. Next time. I have already been "eyed" and genuinely groped in Rome. I am over the disgusting Italian men. But anyway, back to drawing. We drew the Temple of Hercules. Badly, from my perspective anyway. And then we drew a statue that we don't even want to talk about. After that, we went to the International Wine Academy to get ready for our wine tasting, which didn't get cancelled! We walked around for a bit and sat on the Spanish Steps for the first time, which is weird because we walk by it almost everyday, but we had yet to do the tourist thing and sit on it and take pictures. So we did. And then we got a crepe before wine tasting. The guy who did our wine tasting was completely insane in the best of possible ways. Within our hour of wine tasting, he told us he was abducted by Aliens to learn English and started talking about Cowpox. It was awesome. We tried three kinds of white wine and learned how to smell, swirl and sniff. We also learned the difference between a good and a bad corkscrew, we learned what makes red wine red and white wine white and we learned about why some wine is bitter and why how the wine is fermented makes a difference. A very informative and weird hour. I am going to know so much about wine when I get home. Just wait. Anyway, now we are back at the apartments, trying to motivate ourselves to study for class tomorrow which is at another museum. Yay! Oh, pictures from today:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





yay! no, not to the groping... i'm so excited to go wine shopping with you when you get back! you'll have to teach me all you know!
ReplyDelete<3
Oh I will. It will be amazing. We'll ask all sorts of smart questions and people will be crazy impressed by our extensive Wine knowledge.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited.
ReplyDelete