Saturday, January 10, 2009

1 down, 6 to go

Fresco outside the building that has been there forever!
Pope Bento Pio IX or something... I forgot his name, we were in a hurry

Amazing stolen pagan column! Blurry because I was trying to not use my flash.
Today we spent hours and hours filling out paper work for our permission to reside here, which doesn't even matter because we will be gone by the time the Italian post office gets around to caring about us being here. Boo.
Tonight we went to this amazing church, though. The Church of St. Lawrence, which is one of the 7 great basilicas of Rome. There were catacombs and this amazing fresco outside that had been up forever. There aren't many pictures today because today I started shooting film!!! I took a roll of black and white CN and very much enjoyed myself. However, about 5 pictures I don't think will come out because my settings got changed without my paying attention. This church was absolutely amazing. And it smelled awesome because there were flowers everywhere, all around the church. We went by the graveyard, but it was closed for the evening. Then we went to this little pizzeria which is apparently like a famous place. Don't know, but the proscuitto and mushroom pizza was really good. The appetizers were better though. We had supli, which is a little fried ball of rice with sauce and cheese (out of this world) a fried crab claw, fried swordfish and a pumpkin flower (which was vile because it had an anchovy it in.) I tried. I hated. I moved on. Then we took the bus back to the apartment. And there were Italian Deaf people on the bus! I eavesdropped something fierce. Even understood a little of it. I still have no idea how to get back to my apartment from the Metro/bus stop though. I may give up soon. K. That is all for tonight. Tired, but love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment