Saturday, January 24, 2009

Yay for American books!

So... no wandering last night. My apartment of 3 decided to watch Amelie and then go to bed. I know, we are party animals. We'll try to tone it down. Today Danielle and I went on a mission to find a watch! We failed. Well, we found watches, but they were very expensive and we're looking for a cheap watch. They did not meet our criteria. We went to a new metro stop because I thought that my politics teacher, Fabio said that there was a good shopping center down there. We did not find the good shopping center, so I might have been wrong about which stop he said.

Pretty walls in the new metro station (Repubblica)


Really pretty fountain that we saw as soon as we got off of the metro.


These are statues on a building that I liked. I have no idea what the building was.

Another amazing building. I think that this was a museum or a theater of some sort because there were all these banners advertising like coming attractions or exhibits or something. I would know if I could speak/read any good amount of Italian. But I can't.
Our first stop was at a bookstore because they looked like they might have some American books. They did! We found one aisle of them after wandering around in there for half an hour and then we bought several. That's all we're going to say about that.
After that, we wandered down the row of shops and looked at shops we couldn't afford at all. We went to a sock store and a tourist store. I got a notebook with the God and Adam part of the Sistine Chapel ceiling. I must think of something to write in it now. Then we went to a perfume store with many sections that were way out of our price range as well. But, I found body spray that smells like lemons and vanilla and awesomeness. And I got a sample of Valentino's perfume when I bought my cheap body spray. Which is probably the only Valentino anything I will ever own. Then it started raining the worst rain we have seen since we got here. Pouring rain. Even with our umbrellas we had to duck under an awning for shelter for a while. And then we realized we were hungry and we caved and went to one of the two McDonald's that were right by that metro stop. They had like 4 sandwich options, but they gave you the option of patate vertigo! (Curly fries) And they charge you for ketchup. Lame. But it was tasty. I have missed French fries. I bought a kilo of them at the GS yesterday, but there is something amazing about having them fried for you. Don't judge me. Plus, Micky D's in Europe is crazy nice. Behold, the wall decoration:

Right? Nicer than American McDonald's, yo. And then we came back and I decided to go to Pisa with the rest of group tomorrow (sans Danielle and Haley). I am excited except for the fact that we are leaving at a crazy early hour and we're going to be on the train for 8 hours to see it for like 6. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment