So... I know I haven't written in a while. It's been an exhausting couple of days. Tuesday we went to another museum for the Ancient Art class. I can't remember what it was called at all but it was at the most ghetto metro stop I've ever seen. Also, the professor said it was just across the street from the metro stop. Right... if she hadn't been on the train with us, I seriously doubt if we ever would have found it. It was really cool though because the museum used to be an electric plant so there was all this weird machinery like behind the amazing statues. Intresting visual juxtaposition.
This is a statue of Icarus. I didn't like the statue as much as I liked the window silhouette behind it.
Fish mosaic!
Sad looking girl statue on a bench. I don't know what it is that I have for the sad girl statues. Anyway, after the museum we had Italian class (I learned the verb to have). By the time we got home we were all a bit exhausted. We had wine and drawing night to prepare for drawing the next day. We had that class three times this week to make up for our angry-metro-workers no class day.
Drawing class was held here... Castel Saint Angelo. I'm pretty sure at least half of that is spelled wrong. My lines didn't curve and my angel on the top looked like an albatross. It's disappointing because Paulina and I both thought I had made progress at the beginning of the class. I'm pretty sure she had changed her mind by the end of it. At our break we went and got one of the most delicious sandwiches I've ever eaten at a local hidden sandwich shop. Hidden in a dark alley. I seriously thought there was the potential that I would get murdered there by the people selling fake handbags. But I didn't!
Today was insane. We went trekking to four different churches in the Renaissance & Baroque class this morning (which hereforth shall be called R&B). We saw some amazing paintings, all of which I have pictures of with high speed film since digital did not like the dark churches. I also climbed the longest set of stairs ever. EVER. My teacher said to think of it like climbing to heaven. I'm pretty sure heaven would have an escalator is all I can say. Anyway, this was one of the wall designs at the church at the top the world. It was really pretty on the inside. And ever so slightly creepy, as you can see. We had Italian again this afternoon and I embarassed myself royally by trying to answer a question and saying that I had a male roommate who had no hair or eyes. And I talk about other people's weird standards.... Alora, I fail at Italian. And today had to be the day that we turned our first thing in. It would be. Dinner was pizza from our favorite Italian guy downstairs. I've decided that I'm going to ask him to teach me how to make Suppli. Don't ask, all shall be revealed in due course. Anyway, I know that this was a smallish blog, but I'm flipping exhausted yet again and I should be drawing since our drawing exercise for tomorrow is like some crazy Renaissance sculpture with the most intricate hair I've ever seen. I give up on it already. Hopefully I will catch up on some sleep this weekend- we were supposed to be going to Pompeii and Naples, but the director decided that there wasn't enough daylight and that the weather was still a bit iffy to be outdoors all day. So we have rescheduled for Valentine's Day. It seems an appropriate time to look at a volcano-explody sort of place.
This is a statue of Icarus. I didn't like the statue as much as I liked the window silhouette behind it.
Fish mosaic!
Sad looking girl statue on a bench. I don't know what it is that I have for the sad girl statues. Anyway, after the museum we had Italian class (I learned the verb to have). By the time we got home we were all a bit exhausted. We had wine and drawing night to prepare for drawing the next day. We had that class three times this week to make up for our angry-metro-workers no class day.
Drawing class was held here... Castel Saint Angelo. I'm pretty sure at least half of that is spelled wrong. My lines didn't curve and my angel on the top looked like an albatross. It's disappointing because Paulina and I both thought I had made progress at the beginning of the class. I'm pretty sure she had changed her mind by the end of it. At our break we went and got one of the most delicious sandwiches I've ever eaten at a local hidden sandwich shop. Hidden in a dark alley. I seriously thought there was the potential that I would get murdered there by the people selling fake handbags. But I didn't!
Today was insane. We went trekking to four different churches in the Renaissance & Baroque class this morning (which hereforth shall be called R&B). We saw some amazing paintings, all of which I have pictures of with high speed film since digital did not like the dark churches. I also climbed the longest set of stairs ever. EVER. My teacher said to think of it like climbing to heaven. I'm pretty sure heaven would have an escalator is all I can say. Anyway, this was one of the wall designs at the church at the top the world. It was really pretty on the inside. And ever so slightly creepy, as you can see. We had Italian again this afternoon and I embarassed myself royally by trying to answer a question and saying that I had a male roommate who had no hair or eyes. And I talk about other people's weird standards.... Alora, I fail at Italian. And today had to be the day that we turned our first thing in. It would be. Dinner was pizza from our favorite Italian guy downstairs. I've decided that I'm going to ask him to teach me how to make Suppli. Don't ask, all shall be revealed in due course. Anyway, I know that this was a smallish blog, but I'm flipping exhausted yet again and I should be drawing since our drawing exercise for tomorrow is like some crazy Renaissance sculpture with the most intricate hair I've ever seen. I give up on it already. Hopefully I will catch up on some sleep this weekend- we were supposed to be going to Pompeii and Naples, but the director decided that there wasn't enough daylight and that the weather was still a bit iffy to be outdoors all day. So we have rescheduled for Valentine's Day. It seems an appropriate time to look at a volcano-explody sort of place. 
No comments:
Post a Comment