Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Belated Obama Day!!!

I know, I am a liar. There's too much to do here, okay?

Tuesday was amazing. My ancient art class took place at the Capitoline Museum, so we spent 4 hours running around there and getting information about tons of the works. Awesomeness.


Giant foot. This is all you get from the museum for now, though! I shot good digital for most of the day.
After Ancient Art we went to Italian class, and we were supposed to have a wine tasting at the Wine Academy after that, but being that it was Inauguration Day, all of us wanted to go home and watch so our Italian teacher asked if we could reschedule. We could! So... wine tasting a different day. People in the group discovered this amazing Italian sausage (salsicce) at the grocery store (GS... no really, that's the name of it) and we had all been craving that from the night before, so we stopped by the GS and got salsicce and 2 Euro wine and came back and realized we had missed most of the Inauguration anyway, but we toasted in President Obama with cheap wine in plastic cups and we totally sang the national anthem when it was on TV and we were a very patriotic group last night.
Most of the group hung out and watched CNN some more, but Terrance and Danielle and I bailed and spent most of the evening on one of the boys' balconies talking about our everythings and nothings.

Look at the roomie bonding, people. Amazing, I know.
Today was a later day, I had my politics class and managed to go to and fro class all by myself!!! I have finally learned where I live and it only took 2 weeks! After politics I had my drawing class, which I am awful at, but still in love with. Since it was raining all day, we went to a church to draw instead of where we were supposed to originally go, which was like a bridge over the Tiber. We went to the Santa Maria Soppa Minerva (I think that's what it was called)

This is the Michelangelo (they think, it may not be a Michelangelo at all) that I made a mockery out of with my sketch pad. My teacher demoted me to drawing lines and dots. It was like making my own activity book.

Saint Catherine, who is aparently the co-patron saint (I didn't even know they had those) of Rome

The ceiling of this church that I couldn't stop looking at. If it wouldn't have been crazy rude of me, I totally would have laid down on the floor and just stared at it for a very long time. That and if the floors hadn't been made of very cold stone and the building hadn't been colder than the outside.

The elephante that we drew after the statue! I did much better on this one. Although I had like an eighth of it done when everyone else had completed theirs.


My new favorite statue. She lives inside the church. What must it be like to be stuck in such a miserable position for eternity? Sad.

Tonight was a delightful low key evening. We made scrambled eggs with salsicce and swiss cheese for dinner and I'm planning an early night this evening. Tomorrow we must be at the entrance to the Vatican museum at 8:15. It promises to be an exciting, but also very long day. I'll keep you posted, eventually :)

No comments:

Post a Comment