Awesome door in the walls of the Vatican... That's right. The Vatican.Today Haley got sick and we had to make a field trip to the emergency room. And the only emergency room that we knew how to find (Correction: that Terrance knew how to find) was at the Vatican. So we went to the Vatican! And it was amazing. We saw St. Peter's square and I filled up another roll of film. Still B&W CN. I'm going to run out of that first, I can just tell. It was flipping amazing, you guys. We didn't have much Vatican exploring time because we were on a mission, so I can't wait to go back and spend some more time there. Haley got a script and a recommendation to go see a specialist and we spent the rest of the night looking for open pharmacies. There weren't any. Just in case you were wondering, nothing except a few restaurants and some clothing shops are open on Sunday evenings. There's supposed to be a pharmacy in every area open 24 hours, but I'll be dammed if we could find one. We found about 4 different ones that were all closed and then when we returned to the residence to get directions, I bowed out of the expedition and came up to the apartment to drink Defend (Italian airborn) to try and stop myself from getting sick too. With the crazy change in climate and time and all the running around Rome, all of us are a bit under the weather. We did, however, in the quest of crazyness find a cute little snack bar and grabbed dinner of ham and cheese sandwiches and our first Italian gelato! It's easy to get over your aversion to eating flavors that don't match well if you don't speak the language and the gelato flavors are not marked. I ended up getting Crema, which was like a lemon cream flavored gelato (Danielle compared it to eating lemon poundcake batter and I totally agree) and a chocolate peanut butter one. They were both amazing. I can't wait to get my Vatican film developed, I'm excited about it already. Although it is all of 8:40, I feel like I have walked the length of Rome today and I'm completely exhausted, so I'm going to go shower and get ready for bed. Tomorrow is my first class, so I shall let you know how it goes!

oh no! poor haley!! i hope she's feeling better and that you guys don't get sick too. i didn't realize you and haley were going to be on the italy trip together. we had a class a couple semesters ago, and when i saw some pictures of you on facebook with her i freaked out, in a good way. :D
ReplyDeleteYeah, we were talking about you a couple of nights ago! It's weird, there are connections between so many people in the group that we had no idea about until we got here. Stupid small Albuquerque.
ReplyDelete